The Damasko DC66Si is made by Damasko Watches of Germany. The watch is made in-house by Damasko. Many in-house technical innovations are found in this fine timepiece alone.
The watch is powered by the tried and tested Valjoux 7750 which is fine tuned and tested by Damasko to high precision. The modified Valjoux 7750 movement uses the Damasko developed oil free and antimagnetic escapement which provides better accuracy under all situations. The leather backing wraps around your wrist and makes wearing this large watch comfortable on both small and huge wrists.
The watch case is made in-house by Damasko and features the industry's toughest material yet. The material is called "ice-hardened, nickel-free stainles steel". What is so unique about this steel is that they are absolutely nickel-free, offer a good corrosion resistance, and can be tempered up to 64 HRC/800Vickers which is four times the hardness of every other steel currently used in the watch industry. And this ice-hardened steel is used for the entire case, crown and pushers.
While other manufacturers choose to harden the surface of 316L (1.4435) or 1.4301 up to 1200 Vickers by diffusing carbon into the top layers of the steel, there is no way to temper the material. Due to the austenitic structure of the alloy it is impossible to make sure that that steel remains its hardness throughout the body.
Various tests have proved that this kind of surface treatment is not suitable for our purposes because it only hardens the top layer of the metal. This leads to the so-called eggshell effect. We were able to dent and scratch the “hardened” surface with an ordinary pair of tweezers (which are normally made from spring steel) because the material underneath the hard layer was not able to withstand the pressure.
The crown system is also another patent of Damasko. After extensive research Damasko developed a decoupling screw-down crown which is constructed according to standards derived from mechanical engineering. The use of a hex bolt with 2mm width across flats and the fact that the entire crown, including shaft, thread etc. is made from our patented hardened steel (60-62 HRC) results in a longevity which is second to none.
All gaskets of the new crown system are made of Viton™, a material with high chemical and mechanical resistance which is superior to every other gasket material (Nitril etc.) currently used in wrist watches.
Crown and pushers are also equipped with our patented lubrication cell which ensures a smooth action and lubricates the shaft and the gasket. The tubes of both crown and pushers are, according to industrial engineering, screwed into the case using a special key. Almost every other watch manufacturer makes use of an inferior press fit tube.
Yet another Patent found in this watch is the Gasket system. The new gasket system overcomes the common problem of moisture and dust ingress during the operation of the crown and pushers.
Every Damasko watch features an important technical detail which is not visible at first sight but has a major influence on its accuracy under harsh conditions – the anti-magnetic cage. Only very few mechanical pilot’s watches are equipped with this feature.
The unique inner case consists of the dial, the movement retaining ring, and a second back. These parts are made of a special material with anti-magnetic characteristics which is able to withstand magnetic fields with a strength up to 80,000 A/m. They are machined with maximum precision to ensure an exact fit and to prevent the escapement from being magnetically charged.
The patent pending bezel system is CAD/CNC designed and engineered. Hardened components guarantee that our bezels ratchets will never wear out, or become loose. No other bezel available offers that amount of preciseness and performance even under harshest conditions.
The Damasko DC66Si Watch comes with 2 years International Warranty, manual and leather box.
• Valjoux 7750, self-winding, mechanical movement
• 25 jewels
• 28,800 bph
• Shockproof according to DIN 8308
• Anti-magnetic according to DIN 8309
• Reinforced spring barrel
• EPS® spring
• Screw balance
• Damasko rotor with ceramic bearing
• Watch is regulated in 5 layers – the movement values of the watches are fully within the specifications of the official chronometer standard
DC66 Si Function
• Hour, minute, permanent small sweep second
• Day/date window with new, modified position
• Chronograph: 12-hour counter, 30-minute counter, 60-second counter
• Stainless steel, nickel-free, bead-blasted
• Ice-hardened to guaranteed 60 HRC or 710 Vickers
• Integrated anti-magnetic inner cage, anti-magnetic to 80,000 A/m or 100 mT
• Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both sides, AR coating on the
underside only available on special request
• Crystal gasket resistant to UV radiation
• Solid screw back with O-ring Viton™ gasket
• All gaskets made from Viton™ which offers a premium chemical resistance
and which is superior to most other materials used in the watch industry
• New patented crown and pusher system, crown stem and pusher shafts are
machined with minimal tolerances and leave almost no gap between
pusher/crown and case, butnevertheless do not scratch. Crown and pushers
are also equipped with a permanent lubrication cell which eliminates friction.
• Screw-down crown with protective shoulders
• Crown, pushers, and tubes hardened to 60 HRC
• Hardened bi-directional rotating bezel with patented ceramic ratchet elements
• Innovative hardened diamond coated scratchproof bezel insert with sealed
• Water resistant to 10 bars/100 metres according to DIN 8310
• Crystal has a secure fit even in case of a sudden negative pressure
• Matt black, hour markers and triangle at 12 provided with a persistent special paint Red Si imprint at 8
• Bezel bilight provided with red special colour
• The hour and minute hands are painted black and provided with a white, persistent special paint
• The second hand is provided with a red special paint, the minute and hour timers are painted black and provided with a white special paint
• Double-stitched seam in black-red, white-red variant also available for this model
• Bead blasted steel buckle
• Case diameter:42.00 mm
• Overall diameter including the bezel: 43.80 mm
• Overall height: 13.70 mm
• Lug width: 22.00 mm
• Weight without strap: 99 grams