The Damasko DK11 is made by Damasko Watches of Germany. The watch is made in-house by Damasko. Many in-house technical innovations are found in this fine timepiece alone.
The watch is powered by the new Damasko in-house manufactured A35-1 automatic movement which is regulated to 5 positions and tested by Damasko to high precision. The new Damasko A35-1 movement uses an EPS spring.
Advantages of an EPS hairspring over conventional hairspring:
Concentric development that improves isochronism on the basis of a geometry that is registered as a patent
Contrary to conventional springs, no thermal or mechanical impairment at fixation points
Insensitivity to minor shocks
Reduced sensitivity to centrifugal and gravitational forces, as the EPS® is three times lighter than conventional springs
No impairment of movement rate due to recurrent minor shocks in daily use
Complies with NIHS standards for coincidental standardised shocks
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT EPS SPRING
The watch case is made in-house by Damasko and features the industry's toughest material yet. The material is called ""ice-hardened, nickel-free stainles steel"". What is so unique about this steel is that they are absolutely nickel-free, offer a good corrosion resistance, and can be tempered up to 64 HRC/800Vickers which is four times the hardness of every other steel currently used in the watch industry. And this ice-hardened steel is used for the entire case, crown and pushers.
While other manufacturers choose to harden the surface of 316L (1.4435) or 1.4301 up to 1200 Vickers by diffusing carbon into the top layers of the steel, there is no way to temper the material. Due to the austenitic structure of the alloy it is impossible to make sure that that steel remains its hardness throughout the body.
Various tests have proved that this kind of surface treatment is not suitable for our purposes because it only hardens the top layer of the metal. This leads to the so-called eggshell effect. We were able to dent and scratch the “hardened” surface with an ordinary pair of tweezers (which are normally made from spring steel) because the material underneath the hard layer was not able to withstand the pressure.
The crown system is also another patent of Damasko. After extensive research Damasko developed a decoupling screw-down crown which is constructed according to standards derived from mechanical engineering. The use of a hex bolt with 2mm width across flats and the fact that the entire crown, including shaft, thread etc. is made from our patented hardened steel (60-62 HRC) results in a longevity which is second to none.
All gaskets of the new crown system are made of Viton™, a material with high chemical and mechanical resistance which is superior to every other gasket material (Nitril etc.) currently used in wrist watches.
Crownis also equipped with our patented lubrication cell which ensures a smooth action and lubricates the shaft and the gasket. The tube of the crown is according to industrial engineering, screwed into the case using a special key. Almost every other watch manufacturer makes use of an inferior press fit tube.
Yet another Patent found in this watch is the Gasket system. The new gasket system overcomes the common problem of moisture and dust ingress during the operation of the crown and pushers.
Every Damasko watch features an important technical detail which is not visible at first sight but has a major influence on its accuracy under harsh conditions – the anti-magnetic cage. Only very few mechanical pilot’s watches are equipped with this feature. The unique inner case consists of the dial, the movement retaining ring, and a second back. These parts are made of a special material with anti-magnetic characteristics which is able to withstand magnetic fields with a strength up to 80,000 A/m. They are machined with maximum precision to ensure an exact fit and to prevent the escapement from being magnetically charged.
The patent pending bezel system is CAD/CNC designed and engineered. Hardened components guarantee that our bezels ratchets will never wear out, or become loose. No other bezel available offers that amount of preciseness and performance even under harshest conditions.
The Damasko DK11 Watch comes with 2 years International Warranty, manual and wooden box.
• Self-manufactured movement Damasko A 35-1
• Self-winding, mechanical movement with winding system
• 28,800 bph
• 24 jewels
• silicium escapement wheel
• EPS® spring
• Screw balance
• Shockproof according to DIN 8308
• Anti-magnetic according to DIN 8309
• 52 hours power reserve
• Damasko rotor with ceramic bearing
• Regulated and Adjusted in 5 positions by Damasko
DK 11 Functions:
• Hour, minute, central second
• Weekday and date in new position
• Stainless steel, bead-blasted, nickel-free,
• Ice-hardened to 60 HRC or hardened to 710 HV
• Magnetic field protection up to 80,000 A/m or 100 mT integrated in casing
• Sapphire glass, bilateral anti-glare, unilateral anti-glare on request
• Glass gasket UV-resistant
• Bottom screwed with full thread, Viton O-ring gasket
• Crown sealing elements with permanent lubrication
• Viton sealing elements with maximum chemical resistance
• Crown screwable, with crown protection, crown hardened with mechanics – almost indestructable
• Crown tube screwed to casing with “System Damasko”
• Bezel hardened, rotatable in both directions with exact, ceramic-bedded minute detent, mechanics patented
• Protected from dust penetration by the sealing element
• Bezel insert hardened, PVD-coated, scratch-proof
• Choice of two swivel inserts: 60-minute countdown or 12-hour ring (in acc. with U.S.
• Waterproof as set out in DIN 8310, pressure-proof up to 10 bar/100 meters
• Vacuum-proof fitted glass
• Dial completely coated with white luminous compound Luminova™ C1, black indices
• Red Si imprint at 8
• Hour and minute hands painted black
• Second hand provided with red special paint
• Hand made, water resistant, and silicone rubber lined black leather strap
• Bead blasted Damasko hardened buckle
• Case diameter:42.00 mm
• Overall height: 12.40 mm
• Bezel diameter: 43.80 mm
• Lug width: 22.00 mm
• Weight without strap: 87.60 grams